Leftover Grilled Rice
So did I mention that I bought in on a cow share? Well I did. It’s actually called Philly Cow Share and it’s pretty sweet. You can read all about it on their site but suffice to say, this one time investment has provided me awesome beef all summer. I really can’t complain. Myself and two friends split the 1/8th portion and that was 15lbs of meat, all divided up into the “known cuts”
So, since I decided to have one of the burgers and they are packaged in quanties of 4, I had 3 leftover to do something with. Why not grill them, throw in some grilled veggies and make a compound rice full of grilled tasty things? I didn’t have an objection either so I did it. I might not be gourmet but it was certainly satisfying.
Leftover Grilled Rice is exactly what it sounds like, a few grilled things with rice. When you have to use stuff up, pair it with rice and you're golden.
- 3 burgers
- 1 eggplant (sliced and grilled)
- 2 scallions
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Heat grill to medium high
- Prepare rice according to package directions. When finished, toss with soy sauce and chili sesame oil.
- Cook burgers until medium (internal temp of 135) and allow to rest. Cut up into slices.
- Slice eggplant into strips. Chop scallions.
- Mix all items together and taste and adjust seasoning.
All the ingredients
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD