Recipe Remix – Burger With Confit Tomato and Grilled Eggplant
Ahh finally back from vacation. I was just down in Austin for a few days and what a spectacular city that is. Honestly, I was incredibly impressed with the food, the culture, the nightlife, parking.
Anyhoo, I promised a recipe remix with the tomato confit and this is it. After you make the confit tomato, you don’t even need ketchup. The grilled eggplant is a fun addition to this and pulls in a little more char flavor for the burger. Having it on the bottom helps it absorb some fat from the burger and keeps the bread from getting soggy.
Recipe Remix – Burger Confit With Tomato and Grilled Eggplant
Burger Confit With Tomato and Grilled Eggplant is a fun recipe remix that has a few different flavor levels. Skip the ketchup, you won't need it.
- 1 burger
- 1 bun
- 1 eggplant
- 2 petals of prepared tomato confit
- olive oil
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush oil on patty and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice eggplant into rounds and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill burger until medium rare, about 3 minutes per side.
- Grill eggplant on both sides until charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- (Optional) Brush oil on inside of burger bun and grill until charred, about 30 seconds.
- Form burger by placing burger on top of an eggplant slice and topping with tomato petals.
All the ingredients
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD