Pesce all’Acqua Pazza
As a new Christmas Eve entree this year, we wanted easy and highly flavorful. This dish definitely fit the ticket. Acqua pazza means “crazy water” in Italian and essentially, you just make a chunky broth and then you pour it over the fish and bake it. The fish comes out extremely moist, delicate, flaky and really delicious. You keep things very simple with this recipe and you can move quickly with it if you need to eat in a hurry. If you have some time, you can prepare your acqua pazza up front and then just dump it over the fish and bake about 25 minutes before you’re ready to eat.
This dish was made with Chilean Sea Bass because that was what was provided to me. If you want to keep your cost down, you can choose orange roughy, grouper, tilapia or even trout. With a thinner fish, you won’t need nearly as long of a bake time.
I think this dish will become a new Christmas Eve staple for my family. Pesce all'acqua pazza meaning crazy water is a simplistic and delicious way to prepare fish.
- 1 lb flaky white fish (sea bass, roughy)
- 1/2 white onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz stock
- 4 oz white wine
- 1 handful parsley
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 400.
- Finely chop carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Set a pot over medium heat and when hot, add 3 tbsp olive oil and the carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and saute until fragrant, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add wine and scrape up brown bits from bottom. When loosened, add stock, tomatoes and capers. Cover and bring to a simmer. When simmering, mash up tomatoes a bit with the back of a spoon or a masher. Check for seasoning.
- Check for seasoning and remove from heat. Add in chopped parsley.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold fish and sauce. Put fish in, skin side down and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over fish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve alongside rice or pasta.
All the ingredients
Add tomatoes, stock, capers
Pour into dish
Pesce all’Acqua Pazza
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD